become A CREATIVE DEVELOPER
Bring your creative ideas to life whilst exploring emerging and existing technology platforms. From concept design, coding to execution you will work on commercially relevant projects in a studio-like environment.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN (In short)
- Design and build the front and back-end of a website from scratch;
- Build and publish Apps for both Apple and Android mobile devices;
- Develop immersive Virtual Reality environments for the HTC Vive and Oculus Rift;
- Create Augmented Reality Apps which interact with real world objects;
- Design and build playable games on mobile devices.
SOFTWARE WE USE
Creative Software Developers earn $58,000-$80,000 per year!***
Software development is on New Zealand Immigration's 'short skill list'. It is one of the top three skills in hot demand by the New Zealand tech sector.
NZQF level 7
WHY CHOOSE AMES?
- We are a NZQA approved and accredited 'Category 1 Provider'.
- We provide students with project based learning environments, so you’ll learn by doing just like you would in the workplace.
When you graduate from AMES IT you will get access to our unique 'Graduate Platform'. Our Graduate Platform holds a growing pool of employers from the IT industry. These employers advertise jobs on our Graduate Platform exclusively to our AMES IT alumni.
*Term dates are subject to change, pending enrolment numbers, availability and any unforeseen funding fluctuations. AMES reserves the right to modify schedules to best accommodate the internal running of the institute and to best serve the student learning experience.
**Animation College, as the registered PTE, awards all of the qualifications that are offered by AMES - The Institute of IT.
*** Source: www.careers.govt.nz & www.mbie.govt.nz